As I’m sure many of you have seen, Goodreads has come up with another AWESOME summer reading challenge (you can find it here) that will get me back into reading again. I miss it so much.
One of the reasons I loved this challenge is that there are two different levels; one for those who are light readers and one for those who can’t do anything besides reading. They’re labelled Beginner and Expert, accordingly. Of course, my motto is always “go big or go home” so I went with the expert level. Let’s cross our fingers that I can accomplish this huge goal.
Go ahead, cross ’em! I need all the help I can get here!
Let’s talk about June first.
Here are the tasks for June:
- Take Pride: Read a book written by an LGBTQIA author or that features an LGBTQIA character.
- Into the Great Wide Open: Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open.
- It’s the End of the World: Read a book about the end of the world as we know it.
- School’s Out for Summer: Reread a book you were forced to read in school.
- Sick Day: Read a book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t.
- Hook ‘Em: Read a book that features fishing or fishermen.
- Sports-a-holic: Read a book that features a popular summer sport.
- Dear Pen Pal: Read a book that features letter or journal entries.
- Father Knows Best: Read a book that features a father.
- Campfire Story: Read a book that scares the bejesus out of you.
- Ocean Blue: Read a book that takes place on the water.
I vowed to only read books that I own NOW instead of buying new books or borrowing them from the library. I have so many books I own that I haven’t gotten to yet! Do you have this problem too? Let me know in the comments so we can vent about it together!
How have you done with the challenge so far? It’s about halfway through the month now with 11 tasks to complete. Kind of daunting considering I’ve read only 3!
I figure I should tell you what books I have picked for each task. Shouldn’t I? Let’s do it.
- Take Pride – The Burning Maze – Rick Riordan
- Into the Great Wide Open – Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert
- It’s the End of the World – The Overton Window – Glenn Beck
- School’s Out for Summer – The Iliad – Homer
- Sick Day – Les Miserables – Victor Hugo
- Hook ‘Em – Swine Not? – Jimmy Buffett
- Sports-a-holic – Caraval – Stephanie Garber
- Dear Pen Pal – A Life Discarded – Alexander Masters
- Father Knows Best – Lock & Key – Traci Hunter Abramson
- Campfire Story – Frankenstein – Mary Shelley
- Ocean Blue – Life of Pi – Yann Martel
Read – Currently Reading – TBR
What are YOU reading? Do you have any suggestions for #7? I really don’t have many sports books…
Have you read any of these books? Let me know in the comments if you have and what you thought of them! I’d love to hear your thoughts!
I’ll try to keep y’all posted about my progress!
Would you want me to review any of these books??