WELCOME TO THE 3rd and Final DISCUSSION!
Now that you’ve finished Sense and Sensibility, what are your overall thoughts?? Did you enjoy reading this? What did you not enjoy? Are you excited to read Pride & Prejudice?
I will email everyone about the March P&P Schedule on Monday so that y’all will know when we’re doing the discussions and such!
I am having so much fun with everyone and it is awesome to read all of your thoughts about the reading as well during these discussions.
How are the buddy exchanges going??? I’d love it if you filled me in on everything, whether it’s by tagging me in the picture of your gorgeous loot, shooting me an email, or just mentioning below what’s been happening between you both!
******Please fill out the surveys below, I think you’re going to like the outcome of them if you do!******
- Some think that the ending of Sense & Sensibility is the saddest of all Austen’s novels? Do you agree? (Obviously, if you haven’t read any of her other novels, you don’t need to answer this)
- Before he abandons Marianne, is John Willoughby a likeable character? Does Austen give any indication early on in the novel that he is not as he appears?
- What did you learn about the difference between reason and emotion in this novel? Are there drawbacks to either? If so, where did Austen provide us with these warnings or drawbacks?
- How does Marianne’s illness affect Elinor, Col. Brandon, the Palmers, Willoughby, Sir John and Marianne herself. What revelation is made by Willoughby?
- Compare/contrast Mrs. Dashwood to Mrs. Ferrars.
- Can you see the stark contrast between Elinor & Edward, Colonel Brandon & Marianne, VS. Robert & Lucy, Fanny & John?
- TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS. 🙂 🙂 🙂